6 Degrees Salsa Competition February 28 – April 3, 2012
Tonight will be the first round of preliminaries of the popular 6 Degrees Salsa Competition!
With a prizes totaling over $20,000 in value, this competition attracts some of the best salsa dancers in the world. It will be running the next six Tuesdays during the weekly salsa nights at Six Degrees Nightclub.
In association with this popular downtown salsa venue, the competition is being organized by Jennifer Aucoin of Steps Dance Studio. Jennifer is the organizer of the annual Canada Salsa Congress and organizer of the Berlin Salsa Competition from 1998-2003. Jennifer brings her organizational expertise and her years of experience as a professional dancer, instructor, choreographer, adjudicator and event organizer to help make this one of the most prestigious salsa competitions in Canada.
Watch dancers below from the 2010 competition!
6 Degrees Salsa Competition Schedule
Doors open at 9pm. Lessons start at 9:15 pm. Contest starts at 10:30 pm.
- Tuesday February 28 2012 – Amateurs and Toronto Pros
- Tuesday March 6 2012 – Amateurs and Toronto Pros
- Tuesday March 13 2012 – Amateurs and Toronto Pros
- Tuesday March 20 2012 – Finals for Amateur Division
- Tuesday March 27 2012 – Finals for Toronto Professional Division
- Tuesday April 3 2012 – Finals for International Professional Division
6 Degrees Salsa Competition Location
6 Degrees Nightclub is located at 2335 Yonge Street near Yonge and Eglinton.