Salsa on St. Clair Returns July 7 and 8, 2012
The 2012 Salsa on St. Clair, Canada’s largest Latino-themed festival, will take place Saturday July 7 from noon to 10pm and Sunday July 8 from noon to 10pm. Now with a new sponsor (National Bank) and in its eighth year, this two day annual festival in mid-town Toronto takes up six city blocks and has entertained over 2 million enthusiastic participants since its launch in 2005.
Join in on this FREE family street party as midtown Toronto’s Hillcrest Village, between Winona Drive and Christie Street will be transformed into a showcase of pulsating music, passionate dancing, fiery foods, a Latin market, a children’s area and much more.
Salsa on St. Clair 2012 Dance Hotspots
Several Toronto Salsa dance companies will be stationed at different “hotspots” throughout the festival, where they will be giving dance lessons and demonstrations all day starting at noon.
Dance Hotspot Schedule
- Steps Dance Studio : near Rushton, Saturday and Sunday
- Latin Grooves: near Winona Drive, Saturday and Sunday
- Rythmic Fire: near Arlington, Saturday and Sunday
- Los Salsomanos: near Humewood, Sunday only
See the map below for the locations of these dance hotspots!
Dance Performances at Salsa on St. Clair Main Stage
As well as some prominent Latin bands including Sambito, Afro-Lusophone, Ricardo Barboza y su Tumbao, TropiCanada, and Samba Squad, several prominent Salsa dance companies will perform on the main stage between Greensides Avenue and Arlington Avenue. The dance performance schedule is as follows:
Saturday July 7, 2012
- 2pm- 2:30 pm, 6:00-6:30pm: Zumba Pa’ Ca (Ariam Del Real)
- 3:30-3:45pm: Rhythmic Fire
- 4:45-5:00pm: Caliente Entertainment
- 7:30-7:45: Los Salsomanos
- 8:45-9:15: Steps Dance Studio (Jennifer Aucoin)
Sunday July 8, 2012
- 1:00-1:30pm, 6:00pm-6:30pm: Zumba Pa’ Ca
- 3pm-3:45pm: Los Salsomanos
- 4:45-5pm: Latin Groove Productions (Oscar Naranjo)
- 7:30-8:00 pm: Steps Dance Studio (Jennifer Aucoin)
Note: Events programming is subject to change. Full schedule available here.
Salsa on St. Clair 2012 Location and Map
The Salsa on St. Clair Festival will take place on the street of St. Clair Avenue West between Christie Street and Winona Drive. This section of St. Clair Avenue will be closed to vehicles during the festival.
View Salsa on St. Clair 2012 Map in a larger map
The best way to access the festival is by TTC since there is very limited parking in areas close to the festival. Take the 512 street car west-bound from St. Clair or St. Clair West subway stations.
Other Toronto Salsa Events
Salsa on St. Clair Contact Information
For more information call TLN TV at (416) 744-8200.